Ammonium paratungstate (APT) is an important chemical compound of tungsten. It is often used as an intermediate product in producing tungsten metal and various tungsten compounds.
Chemical Composition: Ammonium paratungstate has the chemical formula((NH4)10W12O41·5H2O. It comprises ammonium ions (NH4+), tungstate ions (W12O42^10-), and water molecules.
Appearance: APT is typically found in the form of white or off-white crystalline powder or granules.
- Scheelite concentrate soda pressure cooking-solvent extraction-evaporation crystallisation method.
- Wolframite concentrate high-pressure alkali boiling (caustic soda)-ion exchange-evaporation crystallisation method.
- Tungsten Production: Ammonium paratungstate is a common intermediate in the production of tungsten metal. It is often converted into tungsten oxide, which can be further processed to obtain pure metal.
- Catalysts: APT can be used as a catalyst in various chemical reactions, particularly in the petrochemical industry.
- Pigments: In some cases, APT is used to produce pigments for ceramics and paints.
Tungsten Applications: Tungsten, derived from APT, is known for its high melting point and density, making it useful in a wide range of applications, including the manufacturing of electrical wires, light bulb filaments, and various industrial tools.
Ammonium paratungstate plays a crucial role in the tungsten industry, serving as an intermediate product that is further processed to obtain various tungsten materials with specific properties for different applications.
Scott Density: 1.8-2.5g/cm3
Screening & Packaging:
(1) 100% through 60mesh screen;
(2) Bag packaging: inner double plastic bags and an outside woven bag with net weight of 50kg/1000kg;
(3) Drum packaging: inner double plastic bags with net weight of 100kg/200kg per drum.